Monday, February 28

Chrissy's 25th Birthday!

This past Friday was one of my best friends in Atlanta's birthday. We celebrated with a surprise dinner at Moroccan restaurant Imperial Fez. Here's a few pics!

Chrissy and her fiance Matt, who we like to call "Little German Boy" because he played the part so well on Halloween :-)


Hayley and I just livin' for the weekend



Somebody decided to start celebrating before dinner by drinking lots of scotch at a happy hour, which resulted in fun exchanges with our waiter like this one -


No arguments with the waiter on the other side of the table! Not sure what the towels were for, we just did as we were told. At one point rose scented water was sprinkled on us and we were told to make a wish.





Okay my camera so did not capture the ambiance of the place. We had uh-mazzzing house "Royal Chambord" sangria (we were told it had rum, vodka and tequila in it and you couldn't even taste a hint of alcohol = Dangerous!) and a 5 course meal - lentil soup with bread and crackers to dip, a platter of salads and veggies (Hayley, "Have you tried the carrots yet?! They taste like dessert!), b'stella, (OMG Basically a big hot pocket full of meat covered in brown sugar. What's not to love?) an entree of chicken kabobs with rice and mashed potatoes and dessert of fruit, pasties, hot mint tea and a chocolate raspberry cake from Whole Foods. Aren't you so glad I remember everything I ate so I can share with you? :-) Oh and we finished with a mint hookah.


It was so good Matt ate with his bare hands. Little German boys hate using silverware!


The birthday girl got a private belly dancing lesson. They actually do offer classes and if it means I can have abs like that lady then sign me up!


A 5 second video -



Then we all got to dance! Is this not the most ridiculous dancing face you've ever seen? I blame the house sangria.




I just wish Hayley had brought a little more enthusiasm to her dancing...


Then East Andrews for dancing and lemon drops shots!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is there a part two to this post? b/c i think you're missing some..... ;)
-Hayley

Day Old News said...

OMG, this looks sooo fun! What a cool restaurant!

sarah said...

I want to go to that restaurant! If only it werent so expensive.
So what did you do after? :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone knows that to eat an oreo: 1. pull it apart
1. eat the icing off by scraping it off with your top front teeth 3. finish chocolate cookies with cold milk.
Option: leave a little of the white icing on one of the cookies-yummy!

I like your new dress.

I wish I'd bought more Old Navy socks.

Have fun in Vermont--you all will even if it rains!

Related Posts with Thumbnails