Tuesday, January 25

Things I'm Thankful for Today

Sometimes it's the little things that get you through the day. Since chipping my tooth and having a temporary crown put on about a week and a half ago (I know ew), I've been having a lot of headaches. Woke up in the middle of the night with an awful headache, stumbled to the bathroom where no Advil of any kind was to be found. Telling myself it'll be okay I popped some Benadryl, poured myself a small glass of Trader Joe's pinot grigio hoping it would relax me and ease my headache (great combo I know, hey it was the middle of the night) I laid back down and turned on my sleep aid CD. An hour later my pulsing head was still keeping me wide awake. I knew there was no way around not taking Advil. Decision made to make a 3 AM run to the 24 hour CVS just down the road. I literally parked right beside the entrance and dashed in and out. So by 4 AM or so I was asleep. Here's some of the things that have helped me get through my work day today -

Made a pot of Starbucks House Blend coffee first thing this morning
Breakfast of Chobani raspberry Greek yogurt with Special K mixed in for energy

A spritz of Fresh Sugar Lemon body splash. I read in Glamour that citrus scents boost happiness and energy levels :-)


After a turkey sandwich for lunch I hit up Menchies


Where they finally had red velvet flavor! I had it mixed with cheesecake flavor and cookie dough balls, white chocolate chips and mochi on top. The girl working there remembered me asking when they were going to get red velvet. She said it was very popular so hopefully they will keep it forever! If I have anything to do with it they will.


I use this Bath & Body Works White Citrus anti-bacterial hand lotion about 50 times a day. My office mate said it smells like skinny girl margaritas. Every time I use it someone comments on how good it smells.


Wearing my black version of this head band. I've picked up a few because they are perfect to wear to work with a ponytail and don't hurt at all. Find them cheap at places like Forever 21 or even Icing at the mall.

In my comfy Old Navy "fuggs" (fake Uggs)


This pic of my family's dog, Annie, framed on my desk always makes me happy. I wish she was sitting on my lap right now, but that would mean I would be cleaning up throw up so I'll settle for just looking at her pic.


Looking forward to spending a long weekend with these girls, leave Thursday for Chelsea's lake house in Kentucky. This pic was taken on our college senior year spring break in Panama City, when we used to be so wild and crazy ;-)


3 comments:

sarah said...

aw, that sounds awful. Hope you felt better last night!

I want that body splash and - yay!- i'll see you at the lakehouse TOMORROW! :)

C.S. said...

Love the fuggs! I have got to get me some of those:) Reading about skinny margaritas brought me back to memories of the beach (sigh) cant wait to see you!

Chels said...

That was Destin...I like your fuggs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails