This past weekend I headed up to Kentucky for a girl's weekend at Sarah's family farm in Bloomfield, Ky (or is it Chaplin? Not sure the farm doesn't have an address :) It's about 45 minutes outside Lexington. Oh and have I mentioned before how much I love it there? It's one of my fav places ever and I hadn't been in several years.
So worth the 6 hour drive, but got a little bored and snapped a few camera phone pics on the road to amuse myself.


I waved to my BB Rachel as I drove through Nashville!

And finally made it to the farm on Friday afternoon :)
Upon arriving Sarah and I went for a walk along the creek.
The other girls arrived Friday night and we indulged in delicious food, wine and a lively game of charades.
Do y'all remember what Brittany is doing here? I know it's not when she was a werewolf and repeatedly dove into the ground demonstrating the transformation from man to wolf haha. Yeah I can't believe we didn't get that one.
Caris makes a great Eminem!
Sarah as the always politically correct Klu Klux Klan (we made all these up, I'll take responsibility for that one)
Chelsea as a dolphin (Yep, my contribution as well)
Then we exchanged presents!
In our adorable aprons Caris made us. I'm going to wear mine out and about so everyone sees how cute and domestic I am.
Me: "Hey, let's take a picture in the wreath!"
Sarah: "I knew you were going to want to do that."
Sarah: "I knew you were going to want to do that."
Rachel loved the Christmas'y smell
Getting our heads stuck in the rails would have been a dramatic turn to the weekend.
Technically it wasn't an all girls weekend, baby Pieter spent Friday night! He is just so presh and can seriously smile like that on command. Chelsea I think you should consider getting him into child acting and modeling ;) Um please ignore how disgusting I look first thing in the morning.
Sarah and Baby P were so happy!
I love driving the rhino! Brittany said she was scared only a couple times while I drove, yay!
So outdoorsy in my rainbow polka dot boots
On a brisk wintry walk
Then we visited the "haunted house" (a dilapidated house that their neighbor's grandmother used to live in) that seriously is super creepy!
And someone please tell me, what is this?!? It was hanging inside a closet and looked like it had been placed there since the house had been abandoned. Our guess: giant squirrel balls.
Scared...
Icky squirrel balls
Brittany loved the haunted house and loves all things creepy/scary.
Safely ventured up the creaking staircase...
to find box springs! (That were creepier in person)
After rhinos, walks and exploring we bundled up and went on a rainy canoe ride. I look like the little boy from A Christmas Story :( I've been told I sound like him, too.

Saturday night we settled in with our wine/beer, comfy sweats, chili, a cracking fire and movies - Death at a Funeral and Love Actually.
Puzzle!
Woke up to a dusting of snow flurries
Look how different the creek looks just two days later on Sunday.
About to jump...
I love snow!
And the farm! Wish I was still there...
4 comments:
Ok this post made me sooo happy!!
a) I love that you took a picture of every single person during charades...
b) That pic of pieter is adorable (as always, but I look creepy next to him and look like Im going to eat him or something)
c) OMG those wreath pictures are a new level of ridiculousness
d) I feel kind of bad for taking that pic of Brittany when she felt so miserable :)
e) that pic of me "about to jump" just looks like i have to pee :( Yours looks euphoric though
ok, your little boy from A Christmas Story photo comparison had me cracking up. you looked just like him!
great post! What a fun weekend, wish I could have stayed longer and let's do it again soon!
What a great post! Looks like a wonderful weekend & so much fun.
Pieter is adorable--so cute and looks very good-natured!
Wreath pics were a hoot--I was waiting for someone to get their head stuck in there.
You do look like the kid in Christmas Story--funny!
Love the aprons--will be perfect to bring over Christmas while you cook.
Post a Comment