Monday, November 29

Family Thanksgiving

Fastest. Thanksgiving. Ever. Seriously. I would blink and a day would be gone, which meant it was a great 4 days spent with the fam at my parents house in Roswell. Here's some of what I did:

Ok this screen shot so does not do it justice. I played the game Doodle Jump on Tim and Shana's ipads for hours. My neck was aching, my eyes were strained and I would literally scream and throw tantrums when my little doodle jumper died to which caused my family to incredulously stare at me for a few seconds (and it takes a LOT to get that kind of attention in my family). But I just couldn't stop playing. I tried to convince Tim to leave his ipad with me until Christmas. "No I need it!" was his response. I'm having withdrawal. What's it like to not have an obsessive personality?


Tim, Shana and I watched a few episodes of a show called Hoarders. And it traumatized me. It was like a train wreck that I couldn't stop watching because I'd never seen anything like it before. The cases just got sadder and sadder. I'll spare you the details.


This was the first time Shana had ever been to the south. She grew up in New England and the furthest south she'd ever been before was Washington DC. So on Saturday we ventured out in Atlanta. We strolled around Piedmont Park, brunched at Flying Biscuit, shopped and grabbed a beer in the Virginia Highlands and Little 5 Points neighborhoods and hit up a couple stores in Perimeter Mall.



And of course I swung by Forever 21 while at Perimeter Mall. I mean I know it's Christmas time and I should be budgeting for presents, but F21 is so cheap it's practically free!

Love this cowl cable sweater that I will be wearing a ton.


Effortless knit dress that I'm wearing today with black tights, boots and a cardigan.


Knitted beanie that will be perfect to wear on chilly walks and canoe rides when I go to Sarah's farm next weekend.
This fun festive ring. All of that plus a pair of earrings totaled to just a little over $50! :)

Do I even need to tell you how many calories I consumed over the long weekend? Thankfully I went on a long jog before the Iron Bowl on Saturday and a hike Sunday afternoon.

Roswell and the surrounding area is full of great nature trails. Here are some crappy camera phone pics taken along the Vickery Creek Trail.







Also read a lot, played Phase 10 (a family favorite), cuddled with Annie wrapped in my grandmother's handmade afghans, guzzled coffee in the mornings, hit up Target on black Friday (at like 9 AM) where I got cheap DVDs (27 Dresses, The Blind Side, Step Brothers and Harry Potter 6) and sheets, started a puzzle but then gave up while Tim, Shana and my grandparents toiled away at it, watched old family videos (and cried tears of laughter from them), met up with Sarah who was in town and ate about 5 servings of pumpkin pie, and just a few other indulgences...

3 comments:

sarah said...

sounds like an awesome thanksgiving!! especially the part with me in it :) (just kidding!)
Those camera phone pics are pretty! Roswell was not what I was expecting at all. In a good way.

Chels said...

W and I went through a Doodle Jump addiction too (on our iPhones) and there's a holiday update where everything is snow/ice and the Doodle thing wears a Santa hat.

Anonymous said...

It was a great Thanksgiving--so much fun!
Get ready for the puzzle again--your dad saved it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails