Saturday, September 11

NYC Day 5

I'm delivering on my promise of tons of pics from my nyc trip! Here's the last day -

I call this photo, "Life in Brooklyn" - Chris is a regular on that donkey ride.


Subway, one thing I do not miss.


Brunch at Dizzy's in Brooklyn's Park Slope neighborhood. Now I love a little dog toted around in a bag as much as the next person, but he can't at least sit on the sidewalk while his owner eats?



Walked through Prospect Park, this is one of the nicest areas in west Brooklyn.


Downtown Brooklyn


Statue of Liberty from the Brooklyn Bridge Park




Brooklyn Bridge


Headed into Manhattan to the Meatpacking District and made a beeline for Tory Burch! But it turned out to be the identical store to the Atlanta one, despite what I read online.


Walked through the High Line park, very crowded on Labor Day




Gelato break in the Chelsea Market


Chris and I became weary of the heat, crowds and walking so we decided to catch a movie. We thought about seeing The American with George Clooney, but it just didn't seem right to do something I can do anywhere on my last day in nyc. Chris suggested a movie at MoMA and the film, Stay the Same Never Change, was playing in an hour and seemed good enough.

We agreed that it was the worst movie either of us had ever seen. (Chris and I rarely agree on anything pop culture related.) I got the impression from the review I read on the MoMA site that it was almost going to be a Food, Inc. type film ("Artist and director Laurel Nakadate takes us beyond the prepackaged and sanitized world of the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana to the true heartland of America and the tween-aged girls that inhabit it"). Nope, just ridiculously weird and full of bad acting. We lasted an hour and concluded that we must be part of some exhibit (Thankfully Chris got the tix free).


We needed comfort food to feel better after the awful movie. (I know, such a tough life) Margarita pizza from John's Pizzeria in Times Square. A great last meal.



After dinner I had to literally drag Chris into the Times Square Forever 21. He's usually pretty easy going about doing the stuff I want to do (Canal Street, Tory Burch, etc.) but he did not hide his displeasure about this venture. "4 stories of hell," he called it.

But turns out I converted him into a F21 shopper! He bought 3 shirts. While standing there he said a teenage girl grabbed his arm really hard thinking he was her friend haha!


Times Square at night is such a peaceful place



I'll leave you with one of my fav quotes from the trip:

Chris, "Buy it. Eat it. Love it. Blog it!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails