Thursday, January 7

Who would do this?

A mass email I just received from my property manager regarding this now frozen pond outside my building:



Dear Homeowners

Due to the freezing temperatures, we have had to turn the Koi Fountain off. Please do not tap the ice. Koi are very sensitive to sound and loud tapping could be fatal to our koi.

Richard

Ok so 1. Who would walk out to the pond and "tap" on it in freezing weather 2. Obviously someone has because of this email 3. And that weird person lives near me, great 4. This is what koi are 5. How are they surviving?! According to Wiki, "do not react well to long cold winter temperatures" 6. Poor koi! 7. But they did survive Olive, who tried to leap in the pond and eat them last she time she visited 8. I actually really like the pond frozen 9. Big fish kind of freak me out 10. "Atlantians" (new word I just made up) are beyond dramatic about cold weather, from status updates wishing to crawl into a giant ugg boot to acting like a blizzard is about to hit (we might get 1 inch tonight), c'mon people! I used to work at a rescue mission in Kentucky with just space heaters to keep warm. And I just demanded via text that my friend Devon come to Atlanta from Indy next week so we can all eat mexican for Molly's birthday, and this was her response for why she can't:



And according to Tim, Vermont got hit with 33 inches! Now if that doesn't convince Tim to buy Jake a sweater than I don't know what will. He hides it well, but just look how cold he is!


1 comment:

Molly Hargather said...

thanks for trying to get devon down. and her excuse was just a blizzard? pathetic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails