The Pisgah forest
A small glimpse of yesterday ...
Thursday night: Restless night of sleep. Came into work Friday morning with my usual game face on, but expecting the day to be a little less intense since my office had our big Thanksgiving potluck and I had cleared it with my boss to leave around 3 to head out of town. Word of advice if you work at an ad agency: Don't EVER expect things to go well. The day turned out to bring it's usual never ending fires to put out and I didn't get to leave work when I planned because of a big client meeting to make board presentations for (and don't get me started about the thing that if you've talked to me in the past week you know about). My extravagant lunch forced me to have a big cup of coffee in the afternoon, something I never do which in turn made me shaky, and being shaky is not conducive to cutting out countless direct mail pieces and positioning them artfully on black boards (Just take a look at my fingers). The culmination was getting stuck in tons of rush hour traffic and then some major construction outside Asheville, what should have been a 3 hour drive was 5 and a 1/2.
Enough complaining. Time to get off the computer, get some amazing breakfast, hike, shop, dinner and New Moon tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment