Monday, October 26

Fall Related Thoughts

Remember this pic I posted last year of sweet little Olive?
Like Olive I'm officially obsessed with fall because 1. I don't like summer 2. I love plaid, leaves and pumpkins 3. It just puts me in a festive mood!


~I always forget how amazing smores are. Last night at a bonfire my love of smores was on full display. I get so excited about roasting marshmellows that I always forget to have my graham crackers and chocolate awaiting to lovingly sandwich my perfectly roasted marshmellow, and it always ends in a frantic scramble to not drop my marshmellows or hurt anyone with my stick (not really that concerned about hurting people, only after I've gotten a couple of warnings telling me to be careful) And I'm physically incapable of eating them without looking like a 2 year-old. I'll be animately talking to someone and they'll typically say in a monotone voice, "You have marshmellow on your face." At least my friend Allison shares my smore enthusiasm, when I asked if she was going to roast her remaining marshmellows, she just gave me a look like I'd asked if she was planning on seeing New Moon.


~Need a little boost to get in the fall mood? Then get some Trader Joe's pumpkin butter! Or buy this cute pumpkin sponge at Bath & Body Works, only available online!

~I went for a really long wog (jog+walk) yesterday afternoon. (And random side note: I'm getting so much better at running since regularly attending pilates and cardio sculpt classes, yay!) As I was walking along a picturesque street I came so close to gathering up a bunch of accorns to decorate with. But thought better of it when I remembered the lady I read about in Real Simple who decorated her house with spanish moss and got bugs everywhere.


~I'm almost sick of candy corn, almost...

~Check out Real Simple's list of the best fall fruits and vegetables. Now only if I'd stop eating so much candy corn. Tim said I need to go to a support group for candy addiction :(

~Love the new fall TV - GG, Desp. Housewives, The Office, The Hills, The City and even Greys are all so good! But I'm so sad that Real Housewives of Atlanta is ending.

~Ok random other things I love about fall (if this post can get any more random): corn mazes, hayrides, apple cider, darkening my hair and getting bangs, the man I saw pushing his daughter in a tire swing yesterday, slipper boots, how my condo looks best in the fall, biscuits and apple butter, pumpkin pancakes, tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner, the movies that come out around Thanksgiving, I can start lighting candles because it's not 500 degrees outside, sugar free hot chocolate at work and of course looking at all the colorful leaves :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails