Saturday, October 3

Embarrassing moment of the day

Shocker! I had a really bad eating day yesterday. It started with an after lunch pumpkin spiced latte (260 calories), which lead to digging into the chocolate ice cream tub left over from an office ice cream social ( + butter finger crumbles and chocolate syrup = prob a gazillion calories), which then left me with an insatiable appetite for something salty. I'll stop there before you think any worse of me. Well this morning I attempted to kick my butt in gear at a 2 hour cardio sculpt class.

I've been told, oh once or twice, that my natural facial expression doesn't exactly exude warmth. In college someone said that when he spotted me walking across campus, I looked like I wanted to murder someone. My concerned friend Molly advised me that it might help if I opened my mouth a little to soften up my face. So now I still look mean but kind of dumb, too.

Today in class as I'm hunched over on one of those big aerobics balls with the utters doing bicep curls or something else awful like that, the instructor was probably planning on asking for an escort to her car. She looked right at me and asked, "Are you okay?" I answered enthusiastically and loud enough for the whole class to hear above "Crazy" by Britney Spears, "Oh yeah! I'm great!" Sure enough she wasn't talking to me, but to the older lady who was frozen in a painfully awkward position in front of me. If this had been a Harry Potter movie, I would have evaporated immediately.

Why can't I look more like this when I workout? Then I'd never think aerobics instructors were talking to me instead of old ladies with back problems...

1 comment:

Molly Hargather said...

hah! this is classic. i promise the open mouth thing doesn't make you look dumb :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails