Wednesday, June 3

Something New

So I did yoga for the first time ever last night. My friend Meredith invited me to a class that she goes to a couple nights a week. I was definitely nervous going into it, especially after my coworker Devon showed me some of the basic moves before I went (she's been doing it since she was 13). But I think it'll be really good for me because: 




4. It's not boot camp.

5. It's fun doing it barefoot. 

6. If you've known me for longer than say, a week, it would be a fair assessment to say I have a tendency to be on the dramatic side. But in my defense, I have improved so much in the past couple years. Even just since living on my own here in Atlanta for the past year, I feel that I've grown up a lot. Things that riled me in the past aren't such a catastrophe anymore, and the big things that do warrant getting upset over, well they no longer upset me quite so much. I'm by no means where I want to be in this area; I still worry a lot and as my family and close friends can attest to, probably talk stuff out a little more than I should (or a lot more than I should). Not that I think yoga is going to "cure" me from being dramatic, but will help in taking the time to get some perspective and just doing something good for myself. But in all honesty, there's a part of me that hopes I'm always a little dramatic :)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails