Monday, September 8

Highs and Lows of the Weekend

Pretty much all my stuff is in storage now, including my laptop since my aunt doesn't have wireless at her place. So the pics might be a little scarce over the next few weeks on here. But not to worry my blogging will not cease! Below is my weekend in a nutshell:

High: Getting to leave work on time Friday night when I thought it was going to be a late night. So I got in some extra packing time and had an earlier start on Saturday.

Low: Having to get up at 7 AM on Saturday to move my stuff out of the loft and into a storage unit. I'm not even going to muster up the energy to relay that experience; it was miserable. Moving by yourself sucks. I didn't have any furniture, just countless bags of random crap. Thankfully the dolly I borrowed from work cut my moving time in half. 

High: I was pretty much done moving by early afternoon on Saturday. When I got to my aunt's condo I felt like I had been beat up and was famished. Oh and I would not recommend ever moving in black flip-flops. The bottoms of my feet looked like I had walked over hot coals. So gross. Anyways, the high was that after I showered and ate I took the most amazingly long nap of my life.

Low: Was running errands on Sunday and it truly resonated that being on a budget is not going to be fun. I went to Anthropologie and left almost in tears. Now don't get me wrong, I am so thankful that I've had the opportunity to buy an amazing condo. In the long run it's going to be so much better that I've invested my $ in housing as opposed to justifying my shopping and eating out habits because I have cheap rent, which was exactly what I did all of last year.

High: But I did buy myself something at Urban Outfitters! It's a cute jewelry holder that you hang on your wall. It has a place to hang earrings and long necklaces. So it's something useful and practical for my new condo (see there I go justifying again).

Low: The MTV VMA's. Of course I didn't think they would be great, but the lure of celebrities and my cable withdrawal from the past month made Sarah and I half way watch the first part of it. The host, Russell Brand, was pretty much the most annoying and not funny person I've ever seen. And Britney Spears winning? Please. Wonder how her managers finagled that one. It was probably in exchange for her making an appearance. But I will say that I like that new Pink song, I might just have to add it to my latest workout mix!

High: The Hills, as always! However, Sarah, not being an avid fan like me, made snarky comments throughout the whole episode, but I still loved it.

Low: I did not do any cardio over the whole weekend. I guess moving was some physical activity and Sarah and I went for a walk last night, but seriously! There's not a gym at my aunt's condo so I have to run this week and stop eating so many carbs!

High: I feel like I should end this on a high. Even though the loft I had been staying at for the past month was super nice, I never felt like I could truly relax there. At my aunt's place this weekend, I kicked back in the recliner, caught up on all my favorite Bravo shows, read the latest issue of In Style (which is the size of four magazines), and got enough sleep to put a koala to shame. It was fabulous, and the next best thing to having my own place (which will be soon!).

Okay I guess that wraps up my exciting weekend. Hopefully, the more I get settled the more I can start doing "fun" stuff. We're going out tonight and I'm really excited about it! Apparently Eric, an old high school buddy who works for the Atlanta Hawks, is planning some stuff for us to do. So it should be fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails