It's a rainy Friday night and I'm staying in, am getting up at 6am tomorrow to run a 5K with my colleagues to benefit Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. I am not begging for donations like the 3-Day but you can make a donation on my behalf that will benefit the Strong4Life program. My company built strong4life.com, lots of man hours went into the creation of it, check it out!
2 weeks since my last update so here is another Friday Five post!
The usual excuse, work! I have not had much spare time during my workday, but lots of exciting things are happening!
{1}
I got some new plants for my little balcony -
3 new plants doesn't look like a lot but it was quite the process for me!
And a new hanging dragon fly stain glass I got at the Decatur Arts Festival -
{2}
I finally got a light blue Clarisonic Mia, obsessed -
How I ever thought I was cleaning my face by rubbing face wash on it with my hands.... It's like a Sonicare toothbrush I'll never be able to not use it now!
Here's some lovely examples:
And it just feels a gazillion times better. Like last Saturday night I had been out in the Virginia Highlands for the annual Summerfest. (one of my fav festivals in Atl) Humidy + crowds + alcohol + fatty food = Ick! When I went home at the end of the night and used my Mia and put on PJ's = Ahhhh :)
{3}
George got groomed last week so of course a photo shoot was in order -
And he had his first beer over Memorial Day weekend
My little cavy is growing up! Oh but a real George update: We've started going on long walks! I had held off because of his weight and being malnourished but I've started taking him on longer and longer walks. We've even walked the belt line trail by my condo a couple times and it's 3 miles!
{4}
I'm trying to eat more fruits and veggies and just more healthy overall. I have such a sweet tooth and crave candy like gummy bears, Twizzlers and Mike&Ike's. (random I know but I love 'em) Anywhere I can get the bag your own candy I'm in heaven because there's fruity gummy candy galore. (Chrissy tells me the serve yourself candy is germy) So I *try* to counteract this craving by drinking a lot of water and eating a lot of fruit. I've started putting frozen fruit in my water, keeps water cold and then I eat the fruit, surprisingly satisfying. The Very Cherry Blend from TJ's is delish -
I've made this fruit quinoa salad twice the past couple weeks, for a family cookout and for a small group dinner. It's super easy and you can add whatever fruit you want. The recipe calls for a honey, lime and mint dressing and the second time I made it with lemon instead of lime and it turned out great. Recipes you can't mess up are best for me :)
{5}
I'm getting new kitchen appliances delivered tomorrow and on Monday! My yellowing white 70's appliances are getting replaced with new stainless steel, will post before and after pics!










2 comments:
Love the new plants and george, of course, looks cuter than ever. I think he's ready for the farm! :)
Condo looks good--especially with the new appliances.
George is his usual gorgeous self, brimming with personality!
Post a Comment