Friday, April 12

Friday Five

1. Someone got neutered last week and was not pleased about it -


My boss gave me that soft cone for when her maltese was spayed and right when walking out of the vet he flicked it off, so I stopped by a pet supply store on the way home to get a new one but they didn't have any, so I cut that one and tied it to his collar with a bandana.

Not a fan of the cone, this is his "Seriously?" expression, he also gives it to me when I talk to him in a British accent -


The cone has held up relatively well until yesterday... When I got home last night his cone was still intact but missing were his sutures. The cone has gotten worn out and he managed to get to them. But it ended up being a good thing since I took him to the vet this morning and was told everything looks good since it's just a few days from when he originally was supposed to have his sutures removed. The vet tech said it looks exactly how it would look if they had taken them out. So no more cone or sutures for George! He's at the office with me today and a happy camper. He even jumped out of my cube area and sprinted to where another office cavalier, Oliver, was across the office -


He loves Oliver and this sweet 5 month old puppy Lula, who is the most calm and well behaved puppy I've ever seen -


I'm so glad he is sans cone now especially since he will be staying with one of my neighbors while I go to Tampa for a girl's beach weekend :)

2. So very excited to hop on a plane with Allison and Sheena tomorrow! Fingers crossed it doesn't rain the whole time and we can get lots of time beach time in. (under an umbrella for me and Allison of course)

Got a much needed pedi earlier this week, a new swimsuit and coverup from Target last night (yep another Target trip haha, see previous post ;) and getting a spray tan tonight :)






3. It's officially springtime, pretty flowers around my condo -



I wish I could get a pic of George smelling a flower :)



4. With warm weather I like making smoothies with fresh fruit and veggies to take to work, this one had frozen blueberries, spinach, kale, apple, blueberry Greek yogurt, a splash of orange juice and green tea and some Trader Joe's super green powder that is full of vitamins -



Here are lots of great recipes on my smoothie pin board :)

And the occasional milkshake splurge!


5. Springtime is my favorite time of year to do some serious cleaning and organizing, something therapeutic about it. Last weekend when George was recuperating I spent a good chunk of my Sunday organizing and cleaning out my closet. (It's the kind of chore that's painful to get started on but once you start you can't stop!) These pics aren't super impressive or blog worthy haha but I am very proud of my newly color coordinated hanging clothes and that I can now walk in my closet :)




The shoes still need some work. I got those clear plastic cases from The Container Store a couple years ago and need to add some more.


George was giving me a double "Seriously?" look as he was sitting on my bed sporting the cone and watching me wreak havoc in my bedroom by pulling everything out of my closet. I also wrestled with these wire stack-able shelves I got from Target when I first moved in and I am not being dramatic when I say this but they are possessed. They are impossible to stack. And I may have broken them in the process of trying.

Be back next week with pics from the beach :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails