This past Thursday a group of us girls went to Sips and Strokes to celebrate Abby's birthday!
Some of the paintings our group did -
Aaannnd this beautiful rainbow, abstract one is mine -
So the teacher was a little intense, it was very quiet and serious in there. A couple times I saw her looking straight at me from where she was standing on her mini stage, I guess I was being too loud going on about how I wanted Menchie's that was right next door. I tried to follow her directions, chose some new colors of my own here and there, but when I got done I decided I hated it and was going to make it "abstract." When I started smearing the paint around she was looking at me like I was rubbing a rat carcass all over it, I don't think she shared my artistic vision.
The whole class, most of the paintings were very good -
Our group, I randomly decided to pick up one from a stack they had sitting there, I didn't want people thinking I was totally cray with my intense, manic painting, so at the time grabbing one that was signed by Nicole seemed like a good idea, haha.
I stayed in Friday night and watched the Bachelor and made cookies, needed a lazy night in, aka a night not making scenes in public...
Will def be watching this season
These are the cookies I made, cream cheese chocolate chip cookies -
Just get crescent roll dough (I used low fat) and spread beaten cream cheese (also low fat :), sugar and vanilla (Said to spread about an inch from the edges so I probably went too far)
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
Then roll up in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours. Next time I'm going to let them sit in the fridge longer because they were hard to cut up.
Bake for just 10-14 minutes, they were super good and addicting! I made 2 batches.
Saturday morning my small group headed to Lori's family's lake house on Lake Sinclair for a little getaway. Her home is beautiful, Lori had done most of the decorating, the whole house down to the smallest details is amazing. (That's the refrigerator and freezer to the right behind us)
When we'd just arrived
We were even able to take the boat out
Hat and of course I was coated in spf 100
Lori made us delish beer margaritas
The back of her lake house, gorgeous. I will definitely be inviting myself back there ;-)
70's and sunny in January can't ask for better than that
We made a healthy dinner of grilled chicken, veggies, couscous and salad, but may have cancelled that out with all of our snacking and wine and champagne cocktails. (Chrissy made us her fav one from Cafe Intermezzo, champagne, pomegranate juice and a cherry :) Was so nice to get away to such a beautiful place this weekend, very thankful for my small group. It gave me the motivation I need to face a rainy, dreary Monday!










No comments:
Post a Comment