Monday, June 4

Weekend Updates

Friday night Allison and I saw Snow White and the Huntman, we loved it! I experienced every emotion throughout it and as we were leaving the theater Allison pointed out my mascara around my eye from crying, haha. (yep just one eye apparently) It was opening night so when we walked into the theater with our giant coke and tub of popcorn in hand I panicked at our seating options. As I'm sure most of you reading this know and have experienced my aversion to before, I HATE sitting too close to the front in theaters. It is the worst. It was looking bleak when we parked ourselves at the very front left of the theater. As I was about to suggest that we wait and catch the next showing I spotted 2 seats in the middle area that were close but not unpleasantly so. Upon inquiring 10 people from where the seats were we settled in and I was so happy :) haha yes I know white girl problems


 Charlize Theron was amazing, Kristin Steward was decent and the little fairy babies were maybe the weirdest things I've ever seen, I looked for a pic but couldn't find any. If you see it you'll know exactly what I'm talking about, haha. Little weird Avatar like babies in the Sanctuary forest.

Saturday morning I made vanilla bean flavored coffee from World Market, every time I drink flavored coffee I think of my former boss Dawn who hates flavored coffee. "It tastes oily!" she used to say. When it was all that was left at the office she'd go to the cafe next door that smelled like grease and fish and get some regular brew. I on the other hand am obviously a fan of the flavored :) But that's nothing compared to my friend Rachel in Nashville who dislikes all coffee, tea, wine, beer, diet sodas, tequila...I'll stop there.

 

Sat in bed and drank my coffee and read, the view from the window right by my bed makes me happy. I got new curtains and will post pics soon! I also need to post pics of my condo paint job that I had done a couple months ago, can't believe it's already been that long.

 

 Later that afternoon Allison and I made our way over to the Highlands for Summerfest, one of my fav festivals in Atl because it has stand after stand of arts and crafts, live music, tons of food and drinks and anything in the Highlands is fun and full of young people.

 

Tons of people out because it wasn't too hot. I got a vintage looking tin cross and Allison got a vintage tile cream colored frame for one of her wedding pics. Oh and I got a corn dog. It was turkey so I felt better about that.


After the Highlands headed over to the Westside of town for a friend's birthday diner at Figo -


White sangria and a specialty cocktail that had rosemary and cucumber vodka, very refreshing after walking in the heat and crowds.


 We ate a big, delish dinner of salad, pasta and bread :)

 

Sunday I didn't do anything blog worthy but as usual that won't stop me from sharing ;-) I slept almost 12 HOURS, was wonderful. Went for a run outside while I could during the day before it gets boiling hot again, did laundry, paid bills and other fun stuff like that, errands, grocery store and church. Spinach roll ups and veggies for dinner from Zoe's Kitchen, my fav. Then watched Mad Men and Real Housewives of New Jersey later that night and signed up for Viggle, an app where you can check into TV shows and get points and then rewards like a Starbucks gift card, score!


I also downloaded an app called "The Now" that sends you inspirational quotes about mindful living. I will leave you with one it sent me this morning :)

"Focus on what action you can take at this moment to make progress towards a goal."

I hope everyone's week is getting off to a productive start! Lots going on at work today but am looking forward to going to my favorite spin class and dinner with Pony tonight, oh and the bachelorette is on tonight which I will be checking into!

This definitely makes Monday mornings a little more bearable, my boss's 7 week old puppy, Pumpernickel, in my lap-


I think everyone should get to have a puppy in their laps on Monday, right?

I'm tiny and adorable!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see a picture of your new curtains.
Pumpernickel is adorable and what a cute name!

Kb_Mal said...

I am going to steal that dog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails