Yesterday after work I went to my first pure barre class. I'd been on the fence on trying it for awhile because 1. My budget and 2. Scared! But my desire for a cottage cheese free butt and a great 1 month package offered for new clients persuaded me to get myself over there. The studio is a convenient location, right smack in the middle between my office and home. Here's what it is exactly -
From their website:
"Pure Barre is a total body workout that lifts your seat, tones your thighs and burns fat in record-breaking time. Utilizing the ballet barre to perform small isometric movements set to fantastic music, Pure Barre is the fastest, most effective, yet safest way to change your body. Students see results in just 10 classes.
Pure Barre is intelligent exercise. The technique protects your joints as it does not involve any bouncing or jumping. Each strength section of the workout is followed by a stretching section in order to create long, lean muscle without bulk. The workout launches a full blown attack on the areas of the body all women struggle with: abs, hips, seat and arms. It defies gravity by tapering everything in and lifting it up.
The workout requires such focus that you block "life" out for the hour allowing you to obtain the mental benefits achieved in yoga or meditation. A transformed body and a clear head in just one hour- it doesn't get much better than this."
Pure Barre is intelligent exercise. The technique protects your joints as it does not involve any bouncing or jumping. Each strength section of the workout is followed by a stretching section in order to create long, lean muscle without bulk. The workout launches a full blown attack on the areas of the body all women struggle with: abs, hips, seat and arms. It defies gravity by tapering everything in and lifting it up.
The workout requires such focus that you block "life" out for the hour allowing you to obtain the mental benefits achieved in yoga or meditation. A transformed body and a clear head in just one hour- it doesn't get much better than this."

So it basically felt like a faster and more fun pilates class. They played upbeat, new music throughout the whole class which I loved. I really enjoy pilates and yoga, but find sometimes it moves a little too slow for my liking. After work I like my workouts to be something that really allows me to "block life out for the hour" and running and spin classes do that for me, but I have a harder time getting in the zone with non-cardio workouts.
It was definitely really tough! I went with Chrissy, was chatting about something super important right before and when the class started it was go time! But the 55 minutes went by really fast. I hate toning exercises, so this seems like the best, most painless way for me to do them. I'm going again today and this is going to be me after a few more sessions -
Haha right. I actually worked out right beside this poster yesterday and it made me really angry...


1 comment:
I think she looks like a mermaid in that dress.
Barre class sounds very challenging--hope you get the results you want.
Post a Comment