The weekend started out eventful enough, Friday night on my 10 minute drive to Allison's apartment I swiped a curb and got a flat tire :( The guy that came to change my tire was the same guy that came to jump start my car a few weeks ago when my car battery died in the middle of Peachtree Rd. rush hour traffic. When I reminded him he did not hold back his laughter.
Looking a little rough Saturday morning, but having just eaten a hearty breakfast at the Biscuit Box in Chatsworth, GA (Most intense cinnamon roll ever consumed there) we were very excited to be on our way to the Ocoee River in Tenn. to whitewater raft.
From left, Freddy (Allison's BF's, Mark, good friend from UGA), Mark and then Allison and I in the back (obvi). This is before we went rafting. Sadly I couldn't take my camera to the river and the pictures the company took to buy were horrendous (Giant baby big time of me, and if you don't know what that means you're lucky you haven't witnessed it).
Big Frog Expeditions was the name of the company we used. It was great! I was really nervous before we went because I'd never whitewater rafted but afterwards felt silly for having been the least bit anxious. We floated down the river interspersed with varying degrees of rapids. I definitely plan on going again.

Our guide looked just like Katherine Heigl's musician husband, Josh Kelly. I was going to tell him that but he took his job very seriously and don't think he would have found that interesting. I know hard to believe.
After rafting and an UH-MAZING bbq lunch (I didn't even take a pic of the food it was so quickly consumed) we headed deep into the forest to set up camp. We were somewhere in North Carolina, not sure exactly where I was just along for the ride!
But I was definitely a big fan of our campsite, mainly because I stumbled across a bathroom. I was SO happy about this and said that maybe once every hour. And the only reason I found it was because I was harassing other campsites for a wine opener for my 2 buck chuck.
Oh and it was pretty :)

1 comment:
so jealous!!!
and I love that you were bugging other people for a wine opener...that sounds familiar :)
Post a Comment