Day 3 - We set out for a day of eating, shopping and site seeing. Tim and Chris walking down Chris's Brooklyn street
Waitin' for the subway, probably the only time I looked that happy doing that
We brunched at Cafeteria, a trendy eatery in the Village. I got green eggs and ham! The best eggs I've ever had - scrambled with pesto and goat cheese.

Walked through a bustling farmer's market in Union Square Park.
After some shopping we hopped over to the Met, a must for every visit. And because of Chris's job, he and his guests get in every museum in nyc free. Score!
We immediately made our way up to the rooftop gardens. Chris promised a breath taking view and it didn't disappoint.
Forest of bamboo poles was even more impressive in person
I got to see some of my fav Van Goghs and Monets -
Me, "I like this painting, know why?" "Tim in a disinterested voice, "Why?" Me, "Because it reminds me of red velvet!" Tim rolls his eyes and says, "You're going to blog about that aren't you?" He knows me so well. Painting by Clyfford Still (1950)
Those crazy redhead tourists
Enjoyed some classical music in the main area while regrouping on our next move
After the Met we got drinks at the Blind Tiger on Bleeker St. (Tim declared it his fav bar in nyc) and a sushi dinner at Marumi in the West Village
Then dessert at Magnolia Bakery! I'd been looking forward to it all trip, and I may have talked about it once or twice to Chris and Tim.
Classic vanilla cupcake consumed in a nearby park - Everything I expected it to be and more! I think I may have even closed my eyes while eating it, not one of my proudest moments.
Day 4: Tim headed home :( But Chris and I packed in a full day of fun! First up was a visit to the Whitney Museum of American Art in the Upper East Side. I definitely recommend it, especially a photography exhibit that is currently being featured through November 28, "America by Car" by Lee Friedlander. It has almost 200 photographs taken all over the US from the seat of a car. Some of the most cohesive and interesting photos I've ever seen.
Grabbed a hot dog from a street vendor for lunch.

Central Park! Perfect weather.
Then shopping on Canal Street, no I didn't drug Chris he went willingly.
And he even bought a hat! But the purse sellers stole what was left of his soul.
Oh you know!
Chris took me to this secret spot called the Gold Flower. The outside looks nondescript -
But inside delish $15 cocktails await you! I got a Mayan summer, it had peppers, cucumbers, cilantro and who knows what else.

Dinner at Joe's Shanghai. This place is always packed. Why? Because it's home of the soup dumpling!
I.LOVE.SOUP.DUMPLINGS. A LOT!
The aftermath
Day 5 to come!
1 comment:
I loved these photos and comments--wish I could have gone! The Chinatown pic of you with the sunglasses is crying out to be a profile photo.
Post a Comment