Sunday, June 6

Successful Saturday in the Highlands

Friday night out for a friend's birthday at Fado. Saturday morning my routine of sort of sleeping in, tea, reading and laziness. That afternoon headed over to the Virginia Highland's Summerfest. I came prepared this year in shorts and a t-shirt (Rachel was in town last year and we went in jeans and almost roasted to death). It's events like this that make me really appreciate living in a big city - except when I wondered around for an hour trying to find my car in the scorching heat (I even took a picture of the street sign!).

I was browsing Apartment Therapy the other day and really liked this fun summer photography that they featured:



And I found this collage of the images at one of the stands -



Bedroom wall (Harry Potter #5 on TV, and note my top of the line noise maker that I officially can't sleep well without) -



And I got this one. The seller, Kim Hunter from Charleston, gave me a discount for two. I really like them but upon getting them home I realized that they are just painted Ikea frames that I could've made myself (like these mirrors) for a fraction of the price. (Crowds and humidity = Not always the most thought out purchases) Oh well, I love having eclectic items from a variety of places and with a story behind them.



One of my absolute fav stores in Atlanta is Urban Cottage. It's one of those stores like Anthropologie where I start in a corner and have to look at everything in there (I like to think it subconsciously improves my taste). Got this mirror that was marked down to $29 because it had a couple of scuffs on it, which didn't bother me at all because it adds to the "rustic'ness" of it.


Related Posts with Thumbnails