Wednesday, December 23

What I learned this weekend

~Atlanta rush hour traffic is my own personal hell. My friend Rachel is moving to Nashville in Jan. so we went this past weekend. I left work at 3:45 and didn't get there until 9:30. 6 days later and I'm still recuperating from the 2+ hours of stop and go traffic.

~Rachel's reaction to running into a reality tv star is everything I could have imagined it would be. Our waitress at this pizza place we went to Fri. night looked familiar to Rachel so of course she started grilling her with questions. Turns out she was a contestant on Bravo's Make Me A Supermodel (the girl to the very left). Rachel refrained from taking a pic with her but I have had to endure her telling the story about 27 times.



~Rachel should never wear these glasses in public if she wants to make new friends in Nashville:



~We went to a restaurant called PM. Rachel's brother Will said they have the best burgers in Nashville and that it is a prime place for celeb spotting. It did not disappoint - wasabi mayo and sweet potatoe fries, yes and yes! No celeb sitings tho.



~So I had weird run-ins with 2 hotel employees. The first: As I was in the 2 stall lobby bathroom, the front desk clerk came in and didn't shut the door as she was peeing. Ew. The second: I was knitting in front of the lobby fireplace (in the pic) Sat. morning and a worker approached me and started tellng me about how crocheting helps her with her anger problems. "When they tried to get me to work Christmas, I was about to push over that tree!"



~C - A - T - S CATS CATS CATS!!! Went to Lexington for a couple days after Nashville and watched Kentucky beat Drexel for our 2000th win! The most of any division 1 team. Even though I watched it from the comfort of one of my fav Mexican restaurants, I was excited to be in Lexington. I really want one of the t-shirts that say:



~Rachel finished her last week of finals so she is officially done with college, which gave her free reign to demand that everyone do what she wanted to do all weekend. Some of the demands included staying up late with the tv on even though I made it clear I wanted it off, she wouldn't let me get candy from the candy bar in the Opry Land mall after I'd had an ice cream cone, and she wanted to see Avatar. I told her I would only see it if she painted her face blue. Well that didn't happen because her mom almost had a meltdown when I asked her to buy some blue face paint, but we saw it and I have to say it was really good. I thought it was going to be all sci-fi but it was more fantasy'esqu and despite being almost 3 hours kept me entertained. And I definitely recommend seeing it in the theatre.



~Want to cry in the middle of a mall? Then go to the Beautiful Browz kisok in Fayette Mall to get your eyebrows threaded. But it was worth it because I love my newly shaped eyebrows!

1 comment:

sarah said...

I have that UK2K tshirt! And I cant believe you went to a place called Beautiful Browz....

Related Posts with Thumbnails