Sunday - Piled in my little Civic, Chami, along with all our luggage and Christmas presents to take a road trip to the happiest place on earth, you guessed it Prattville, Ala. It was for my mom's side of the family Christmas. It was a typical get together - dangerous amounts of food consumed, uncomfortably hot in my grandparent's house, Annie's wary gaze darting from stranger to stranger, and of course the usual antics of hiding coats and throwing wrapping paper. When we arrived back in Atlanta, Tim, Chris and I all shockingly agreed on something - sushi sounded amazing due to a lunch buffet at the Holiday Inn and endless cake eating. My body was crying out for salt.
An artsy pic of Tim and I at Bluefin:

While eating the sashimi platter Tim said, This is like an internal shower.

The night concluded with 2 air mattress set ups (an ordeal for Chris), 2 30 Rock episodes watched and 2 drunk brothers (kidding, kind of).
Monday - Up at 7, took Chris to MARTA, said a tearful good bye, work by 8. Got off work at 12 to begin Tim and I's day of fun all over Atlanta. Everywhere we went:
~Six Feet Under in Grant Park for lunch. And while there I got a call from one of my best friends, Chelsea, to tell me she's 3 months pregnant! Wow we're getting old.
~Visited Tim's friend Josh at the Verizon store where he works in Midtown. That was super fun.
~Then off to the Sprint store to see if I could get a new phone. They were out of the one I wanted, good thing because I would have bought it.
~Shopping in Little 5 Points. Tim bought some tennis shoes from Wish
~Phipps Plaza to buy my Tory Burch Reva Flats - Wearing them now and can't stop looking at them! (And because I'm freely admitting it make that not as sad?)
~Target and Dicks, uneventful and exhausting
~Lenox Mall - Big mistake, crowds and fatique cut that stop short.
~Taco Mac to watch part of the UGA game with some of Tim's friends
~Buckhead Diner where we got homemade potato chips with warm Maytag blue cheese, sweet & spicy thai chilli calamari and JAMES BEARD AWARD WINNING WHITE CHOCOLATE BANANA CREAM PIE!!! It was ok.
~After a half-hearted debate on whether or not to see "It's Complicated," (Josh refused to see a chic flick) we called it a night and headed back to my condo to watch more 30 Rock and eat more pie.
Mental Note: After New Years, stop eating crap.
Tuesday - No brother time today! Working then heading over to Chateau Gahan!
No comments:
Post a Comment