Thursday, February 26

When to Splurge!

Forget saving money, sometimes it's okay to splurge! A couple posts ago, I shared with you on how to be resourceful with your money.  Well now it's time for a list of items that I think are worthy of spending the extra $ on. And here it is:

-Road trips - Take advantage of friends and family who live in fun places you can stay with.

-Gifts - Or at least "splurge" on time spent on it. I LOVE thoughtful homemade gifts: photo collages, knitted scarves and mittens, handmade jewelry, etc.

-Starbucks - In moderation, but if you're a regular they often give you free drinks!

-Margaritas (with LOTS of salt on the rim) and queso dip (HEAVEN)

-Boot Camp workout classes - IF that's your thing (not mine), a sure way to get in shape.

-The best food to buy organic: Cascadian Farms cereal, Kashi frozen dinners and granola bars, and fruit and veggies from the farmer's market.

-Fav DVDs - I pop in my favorite chic flicks all the time.

-Pure bred bichon frises, king charles cavaliers, and goldens. The love they give exceeds any dollar amount!

-The occasional concert or show. 

-Going out dancing! - Game nights, etc. are fun, but sometimes you just wanna get dressed up and go out!

-Buying instead of renting a home. A lot is owed to the current state of the economy, but one of the reasons I bought my condo was because renting an apartment would have been the same monthly payments. A win for me!

-When the weather warms up, a pedicure is a must!

-MAC eye shadows and liners

-Benefit for face - foundation, concealer, bronzer, and cheek stain

-Tory Burch ballet flats

-Longchamp purses - they are classic, casual, and go with everything.

-Cable - I tried to live without it when I first moved into my condo, I lasted 2 months (Hey I think that's pretty good).

-For us albinos, spray tans are essential so as not to blind people when wearing a bathing suit.

-A good haircut and Paul Mitchell hair products

-Since I'm still learning my way around Atlanta, I am always up for trying new restaurants, bars (well not ANY bar), etc. Trying new stuff is definitely money well spent. Life's too short to do the same old all the time!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails