Friday, November 21

My Finest Moment

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I've been filled with anticipation for my office's Thanksgiving feast that was yesterday. Now I am just filled with regret and nausea.

First bad decision: Entering myself in the "weight-off." My brother instituted it 5 years ago. I originally planned on not doing it, but last minute peer-pressure pushed me over the edge. I thought, "What the heck, it will be entertaining to see how much I gain after a big meal."

Second bad decision: Half-way through one of the most extravagant meals I have ever had in my life, I decided that I was going to be competitive in the weight-off.

Third bad decision: After I ate a plate fully of turkey, ham, and 10 different casseroles, I began to chug water.

Fourth bad decision: I then played "pin the tail on the JJ," which involved being spun around 2 times.

Fifth bad decision: The weight-off ran from 12:00-4:30. I was the first to step on the scale at 4:30 because my bladder was about to explode. All I heard were gasps and "no way's!" as I was sprinting off to the bathroom.

Sixth bad decision: I went to a Junior League shopping event with my some of my coworkers afterwards, where I ate even more. (I am so unbelievably ashamed to admit this)

Seventh bad decision: I have told people the results of the weigh-in. Here are some of the reactions:
-Tim: "Jeez! Are you embarrassed? You're a legend."
-Rachel: "What??? Are you kidding me?! I love you but that is ridiculous!"
-Heather: (Eruption of laughter)
-Parents: "Wow!"
-Random responses from my facebook status: "Are you okay?" "We all make bad decisions."





Oh yeah, and I won the weight-off. Let's just say I gained more than 5 lbs but less than 10. Disgusting. 

3 comments:

DTPfromATL said...

Bentley... you ruined my chances... bask in the glory of 8 pounds.

Anonymous said...

well done, bentley. the look on your face at 4:15pm was priceless :)

K_Streams_Her_C said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I have such new respect for you, wild/crazy Ashley.

Related Posts with Thumbnails