Wednesday, October 29

Ashley and the City

I initially created this blog as a way to keep in touch with family and friends since moving to the "big city." So I thought I'd give an update about how things are going here in the ATL.

In the past two and a half months, I have moved a total of not once, not twice, but THREE times. First my brother's friend's condo, then my aunt's, and then to my very own condo. Now that I'm settled, I finally feel like I can exhale. It feels wonderful to be living on my own, especially since I never really have before! (college doesn't count) I am loving furnishing and decorating my new condo, and can't wait to hit some more flea markets with my mom. I've met a lot of great people since living here, too - coworkers, small group, reconnecting with relatives. My parents are actually moving to Roswell, GA, a cute town about thirty minutes outside Atlanta, today. I'm excited to have them and Annie here, and I just learned that Annie will be allowed to come to work with me sometimes! :) :) Her and Olive are going to be best friends! 

I guess if I had to say some of the negatives of living in a new city, they would be 1.) my gps lies to me ALL the time - it's name is tomtom but I just call it liar. 2.) I really miss my best friends back in Lexington, who need to visit me immediately! 3.) The all around newness that anyone who has just moved experiences. On one hand it's fun and exciting, but I do have my moments when I'm on the phone whining to whoever will listen. (imagine that, me whining)

But overall, I feel so blessed! And like my "About Me" blurb says, I really am excited for what the future has in store, as cliche as that sounds. Now I just need to find my Atlanta Jalepinos... 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails