
High: Sarah and I were both exhausted Friday night (and trying to watch our money), so we got a bottle of wine and relaxed on the patio of my aunt's condo.
Low: My GPS. Even though my parents got me a really good one for my birthday not long ago, it still has its quirks. And one of those quirks is telling me that it knows where something is when in reality it doesn't.
High: Watching the UK football game with fellow fans and alumni. Sarah, Caleb, and I went to a sports bar where the UK fan club of Atlanta watches the games. It was actually the first game of the season that I watched I'm sad to admit, but I did wear a blue dress to the bar so I think that definitely compensates for it.
Low: Ikea. So now that I am officially a condo owner, I can start buying stuff for my condo! But it's not going to be from Ikea. I just feel like everything there is so cold and generic. And everyone thinks it's so cheap. I guess it is compared to Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel. I was looking for a bedside table and just a small plain white one was like $60. I would much rather find a cute wooden one at a flea market and paint it a weathered white or green. And I almost bought this paining that had a cream background with brown leaves like you are looking up at trees, but it was $70 and there was a huge stack of them so I opted not to get it. I left Ikea empty handed and of course exhausted.
High: Ending on a high, and it's that my attempt at being healthy is going relatively well. I went for two long walk/jogs (mostly walk, I'll admit it) and made a grocery store trip last night where I bought grapes, apples, salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, lean cuisines, turkey, and yogurt. Now if only someone hadn't brought in cake to work today...
No comments:
Post a Comment