

While populating thumb drives at my new job, I decided to create a blog.
What made me come to this decision, especially while vigorously working away at the task at hand? Well, a number of reasons. First off, I have just moved to a new city. Thought it would be a great way for my scattered family and friends to check in. I know my absence is having a profound affect on all. Secondly, my friends have always told me that I should write a "fun girly" book, so this is for them. Plus, I have hardly written anything besides an email since college. And finally, my wonderful new supervisor inspired me via her own beautiful blog. Oh and I just bought a new camera that is itching to be used. It's purple and just too pretty to be sitting in my apartment all day.
In order to ease myself into the practice of blogging, I need some parameters. So below is a list of some of my favorite things, just for fun! Yay!
Favorite...
~Food: fajitas, chips and salsa, and chicken and dumplings
~TV shows: Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and Gossip Girl
~Books: To Kill A Mockingbird (I know, it's everyone's favorite), The Pillars of the Earth, and The Age of Innocence
~Animals: bichon frises, golden retrievers, and koalas
~Drinks: sweet tea, lattes, and flirtinis
~Celebrity magazines: US Weekly, People Style, and Cosmo
~Last 3 movies I saw: Freedom Writers, We Own the Night, and Step Up 2: The Streets
~Stores: Anthropology, Target, and Sephora
~Vacation spots: Maine (anywhere), Alaska (ditto), and London
~Sports: softball, basketball, and elliptical (that counts)
~Pets: Annie, Jake, and Buster
Above are pics of my family's sweet bichon frise, Annie, who I miss dearly!
2 comments:
Allow me to be the first to comment . . . lovely first post! Fun, eh? May there be many more musings to come.
Now back to populating thumbdrives, missy.
:-) Dawn
I'm so glad you're doing a blog! & I love the pic of Annie at the farm :) Come take more picture in Asheville...
PS- what in the world is populating a thumbdrive???
Post a Comment